2/08/2011

Mars Rice Krispie Bars with Chocolate Peanut Topping

Oh, another lovely 4-ingredient recipe to make sweet treats (no bake)!


Mars Rice Krispie Bars with Chocolate Peanut Topping

Ingredients

• 3 Mars Bars
• 65 gr butter
• 75 gr Rice Krispies
• 80 gr dark chocolate (pure)

Method

Melt the margarine and Mars Bars together (cutted into pieces). You can do this in a pan directly over the heat, but it’s safer to place the mixture in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once melted add the Rice Krispies and stir carefully until they are evenly coated.




Put the mixture in a square tin (about 10 inches square) and put in the fridge to cool for at least 1 hour.

When the ‘cake’ has cooled, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir till smooth. Pour over the ‘cake’ and, with a flat knife or spatula, spread out. Return to fridge to set for about an hour.


I decorated it with unsalted roasted peanuts. Just for fun!

Look how lovely!


Enjoy!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh my..those look so delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I hope to visit Belgium one day soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Tine,
    thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.
    That's surprising that you first found Speculoos hagel in the Netherlands... I thought it was so Belgian... maybe the Dutch like 'em better - who knows. I do enjoy them regularly now.

    Mars and rice krispies - sounds like a winner to me!

    cheerio!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen