2/20/2011

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love Sundays.

I already look forward to very sunny summery Sundays, but a rainy and cloudy day like today has its charms.

Cloudy, rainy Sundays over here means relaxing, eating, chilling, reading, blogging and the most important thing: baking!

Internet is full of recipes for making chocolate chip cookies. Some make them crispy, some make them chewy.
I didn't know which ones I wanted to bake. I never ate them 'own made', I only ate the prepacked 'American Cookies' you can buy in every grocery store.
They rather looked crispy for my, but after making my own 'American' cookies, I realise that mine are very crispy and those you can buy in the store rather are chewy.


Mine are ok, although I will search for a 'chewier' version to make.
Here the recipe for crispy ones, adapted from Smitten Kitchen.

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.

Ingredients:

- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips


Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line a pan with parchment paper.

2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.


3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.



4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough a tablespoon at a time onto the parchment sheet.


5. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes (check your cookies before they’re done; depending on your scoop size, your baking time will vary) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.

6. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.



My brother was so excited about the cookies, he filmed the full baking process in the oven! Crazy!

5 opmerkingen:

  1. My favorite cookie recipe EVER uses melted butter; I love it!! Yours look super good too:) Haha I swear when I read your post title, I thought it said "crispy chocolate chip PANCAKES!" and I got mega excited! Oh well, I think you just inspired a recipe idea:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That is so funny what your brother did! I love chocolate chip cookies but don't have them that often. I should make some for my siblings! They would devour them!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Crispy Chocolate Chip Pancakes: that's the next step ;)! Let me know if you made a recipe!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Caitlyn,

    It was de first time I made cookies like this. I rather like cookies with oats or bars like granola bars. But my roommates were excited and wanted something new. That's why I made these cookies.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Looks perfect and yummy! It's my favorite cookies too..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen