I immediately was inspired by the recipe I found on Baked Bree.
I never have had the intention to make brownies, but after seeing the pictures i could not wait to make them. So easy, made with few ingredients = I love that scenario!
Fudgy Brownies:
Adapted from Baked Bree via mattbites.com
Ingredients
- 1 stick of butter (115 gram)
- 4 ounces unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate (115 gram)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- optional: 2/3 chopped nuts (I like pecans)
Method
Preheat your oven to 200°C/400˚F. Grab an 8-inch square metal baking pan. No glass nor pyrex as it could crack when you get to the ice bath stage (see later).
Line the metal baking pan with foil or parchment so that it comes up all four sides.
Melt the butter together with the chocolate in a bowl placed above simmering water, not boiling water. Stir to mix until smooth.
With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the eggs one at a time and then mix in the flour. Stir the mixture for 1 minute, until smooth. You’ll know it’s ready when it begins to come away from the sides of the bowl.
Add the nuts (if preferred) right before placing in the pan to bake.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges pull away from the pan.
While the brownies are in the oven, prepare the ice bath by using a large roasting or baking pan, larger than the 8-inch square baking pan that the brownies are in. Fill this large pan with ice cubes and cold water.
Once the brownies have baked and are removed from the oven, place them into the ice bath but be careful not to splash any water onto the brownies. You don’t want that to happen. Let them cool in the ice bath and then remove and cut into 16 squares.
Look how 'fudgy' they are!:
Enjoy!
Hoi, dank je wel voor mail en je lieve woorden. Deze brownies zien er echt heerlijk uit...jammie :)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenOh my goodness, I love how fudgy these brownies look! Your brownie recipe is actually almost identical to the one I used in the cheesecake brownie recipe...it's a great recipe :)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenIt is! I love brownies when they're fudgy!
BeantwoordenVerwijderenThat cheesecake brownie recipe of you looks yum too!