3/02/2011

My First Quinoa Salad (Easy Peasy)

Yesterday, I made my first quinoa salad.

I have to admit something: It has been at least 6 months I ate grains. Curiously enough, I love grains. I don't have to say it again I'm a little oat-addict. But now I'm in love with another grain (or better 'seed'): quinoa.


In the mix:

- red pepper
- cucumber
- a carrot
- spinach
- spring onion
- quinoa (of course)

Seasoning:


- salad herbs
- a tablespoon of lemon juice
- two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar

It tastes very well! Next time, I will add some corn and maybe fish (shrimps, tuna or salmon) or poultry (chicken or turkey).


I love lunch time!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. i always love the bold contrast of colors too! oh and since u mentioned it, yes salmon or chicken or other proteins would really make this super-charged! and i love the way you made it like this though :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks! I like colorful plates! More fun to eat and it always look that healthy!

    The last time I've added some pieces of Granny Smith apple. A sour and sweet accent: very good!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen