4/18/2011

Asparagus, Quinoa Flakes and Guacamole

Ah, finally monday, workweek is over. Well, for me anyway.
I worked past hole week, from monday till sunday. I'm tired. I'm exhausted.
But now I can recover. Now I'm home for a few days. I only have to work on wednesday and thursday this week. Heaven!

Lots of time to try new recipes, starting with breakfast.
A few days ago, I bought a bag of quinoa flakes. I was looking for another oatmeal breakfast, something different but not that much. I first saw a bag of millet, but the quinoa flakes attracts me more.

This morning, I made a 'Quinoa Flakes "Oat"meal', but instead of using dairy free (!) milk, I only made it with water. After cooking the flakes, I added some shredded apple and raisins. In the spoon: Pure Apple-Pear Syrup. (Only made with 100% fruit, no added sugars or other stuff).

It was good, but not 'wow'. I missed the creamy aspect of milk. But I really liked the syrup in it. I just needed a little spoon for lots of sweetness! Like that! Will use that in my oatmeal too!


Lunch was divine. For the first time in my life, I made some green asparagus.
I actually didn't know how to prepare them. I searched the internet for delicious recipes. Too many recipes!
I slighlty steamed mine. I ate it with baked curried prawns and at the end, I added the short steamed asparagus into the pan to roast them a little bit.


So easy, but so good!

Snack: Fruit Porn!


Mango, kiwi and banana. Usual toppings: sesame seeds and raisins.

Diner will be homemade guacamole: mashed avocado, yellow pepper, spring onion, tomato and lots of herbs!


I'll eat this with a slice of dark whole wheat bread (Kronenbrot). Maybe some soup too.

I love my eats today :)!

Have a nice evening. Enjoy your dinner!

3 opmerkingen: