Or some sweets with the same 'look'.
I was melting when I saw the picture on Julia's site.
Oh god, I couldn't wait to try this recipe immediately.
And it's so easy!
I just followed Julia's recipe.
Own Made Raffaello Balls
Ingredients:
- can of sweetened condensed milk (397 gr)
- 200 crispy thin waffles (like 'galettes' from Lotus)
- 20 hazelnuts
- 6 tbs shredded coconut
Method:
Place the can condensed milk in hot boiling water for about 75 minutes. Make sure the can stays completely under water. Maybe you will have to add water.
After 75 minutes, take out of the hot water and let cool down.
Open the can.
Now, crush the biscuits in a plastic freezer bag until you become something like 'flour'. Mix the crushed, smashed cookie 'flour' with the caramalized condensed milk. Place for about one hour in the fridge so it could become a 'paste'.
Make balls (size you want), push a nut into it and roll it into the shredded coconut so the balls become completely layered with coconut.
Let cool down and 'harden' for about two hours in the fridge.
This is how it looks from the inside:
Extremely sweet but so so good!
A whole can of condensed milk!? Hook me up.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenJup, you really need a whole can.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI divided all the quantities in two and I became 20 balls.
A whole can sounds a lot, I know, but when I started following the recipe, it looks correct.
YUMMY! sweetened condensed milk is so good lol!!
BeantwoordenVerwijderen