8/12/2011

Carrot Cashew Spread with Apricots

Hi guys!

I've made some bread spread! Sweet and healthy bread spread and actually tasty too!
Try it!


Carrot Cashew Spread with Apricots
Source: WholeFoodsMarket

Ingredients
- 150 gr carrot, chopped or sliced
- 125 gr dried apricots (biological, without sulfits), quartered
- 50 gr cashews (biological, unsalted & unroasted)
- water

Method

Put carrots and apricots into a small pot and cover by 2 inches with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes until carrots are soft. The apricots will absorb all the liquid.
Transfer carrot-apricot mixture in a your food processor, add the cashews and purée until smooth. Chill for at least one hour, and then spread onto crackers.

Serve!



Easy-Peasy!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I can imagine how delicious this spread is.. :) Great idea. I'm absolutely trying it!
    So when do you wish to visit me? You know, I've got breakfast everyday, it's only up to you to come.. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen