9/04/2011

Pistachio Cookies

Beside a lot of resting, reposing, chilling, relaxing, sleeping, I also try to bake sweet stuff. Mmm, I love vacation...

:)


Pistachio Cookies
Adapted from Trissalicious - Pistachio Cookies

Ingredients
- 90 + 100 gr pistachios (raw, unsalted and shelled)
- 100 gr almond meal (ground almond)
- 120 gr caster sugar
- 50 gr eggwhites (from around 1 big or 2 little eggs)

Method

Lightly toast the pistachios for around 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C. Chop the first 90 grams of pistachio finely (you can use a food processor for this) and the other 100 grams of pistachios roughly.

In a bowl place the finely chopped 90 grams of pistachios, almond meal, sugar and egg whites. Mix well until you form a paste.

Scoop the cookie batter and form into little balls, then roll them in the remaining 100 grams of pistachios.

Place then in a baking sheet, around 2 cm apart and bake for around 13-15 minutes at 170°C.

Dust with icing sugar when cool.


Easy and quite beautiful, don't you think?


And tasty too!


Please, try this at home...

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Mhm, I love pistachios so I presume THESE cookies could easily become my favourite.. <3 I absolutely have to try them soon! <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hmmm... Creative... Never thought of making Pistachio Cookies...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I know, we always use nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pecans in recipes but forget other great nuts like pistachios. Great flavour!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat leuk dat je me gevonden hebt! Deze cookies lijken me lekker;) Goede recepten op je blog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I will definitely try this at home. Pistachios are yummy and made with almond-flour this is a perfect sweet for me :) Hugs from Anette in Norway (love the background on your blog by the way ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh my... The cookies looks really delicous. I'd like to take one, two, three...? :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. @Anette, let me know how it worked out!
    @Shaday, you can take one. I made 33 cookies with this recipe, so if you make it your own you have a whole batch! :) Enjoy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen