If the proverb quote would be: "A pumpkin a day keeps the doctor away", I would be SUPER-DUPER healthy. I-would-eat-it-EVERY-DAY.
I actually crave for some pumpkin if I had a day without eating it.
Summer and spring, the 'pumpkinless' seasons, will be quite hard for me...
Pumpkin Avocado Salad (serves one)
Ingredients
For the salad:
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 pumpkin, roasted in the oven (200°C/400°F - +30-40 minutes)
- green salad mixture
- some leftover veggies: white mushrooms, green asparagus, beans, sugar snaps, ...
- 1 small red onion, sliced and roasted with the pumpkin
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp of lemon olive oil (or olive oil + lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp of grain mustard
- 1 green (spring) onion, chopped
Toppings:
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Method
Make the salad by mixing together the avocado, roasted red onion, roasted pumpkin, green salad mixture and leftover veggies you like.
Now make the vinaigrette by mixing together ingredients in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the salad and add the toppings.
Done!

i love how beautiful and bright this looks!
BeantwoordenVerwijderenxoxo
Yum. Never had pumpkin in a salad before. Actually I tihnk I've only made soup with it! But this makes me want to try it out! ;)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenMMMMMMM,...what a lovely & good for you salad!
BeantwoordenVerwijderenYummie! ;)