Have you ever tried pomegranate fruit in a salad?
I did! And I can assure you: it's great! It makes salads so light and refreshing.
Combined with avocado and you have a perfect match!
Avocado Salad with Asparagus & Pomegranate (serves one)
Ingredients
For the salad:
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 small red onion, into wedges, roasted (400°F/200°C - 30/40 minutes)
- 4-5 green asparagus, roasted (400°F/200°C - 30/40 minutes)
- pomegranate seeds (50-60 grams)
- green salad mixture
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp of lemon olive oil (or olive oil + lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp of grain mustard
Method
First make the vinaigrette by mixing the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Make the salad by putting together the sliced avocado, roasted red onion, asparagus and green salad mixture on a deep plate.
Drizzle the vinaigrette on top en add the pomegranate seeds.
Mmm...
(About my recipe page: I'm trying to add some pictures for each recipe, but for some reason, Blogger doesn't accept it. I'm trying to solve the problem but I can't find the solution. Keep working on that!)

Yes, pomegranates in salads are awesome! ;) This sounds soo good. I bet the avocado and pomegranate goes really well together..
BeantwoordenVerwijderenWhere do I buy a pomegranate? I live in Belgium...
BeantwoordenVerwijderenLove your blog by the way, always low calorie, delicious, creative meals.
I'm from Belgium too and buy it in a regular supermarket (Delhaize, Colruyt).
BeantwoordenVerwijderenIt's not hard to find!