12/09/2011

Pumpkin Onion Puree

This morning, I found 1/2 small pumpkin in my fridge but I wasn't in the mood for soup or beloved roasted pumpkin slices. Half a small pumpkin isn't exactly enough to make a big bowl of soup too, so I've made some pumpkin puree for the very first time.

It went out like this:


And it tastes like this:


Pretty good joh!

Pumpkin Onion Puree

Ingredients

- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small pumpkin (about 350 gr), chopped in small pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- thyme
- salt and pepper

Method

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, add chopped onion and fry till glazed.
Add the chopped pumpkin, salt, pepper and thyme (as many as you prefer), add some water and fry for about 15-20 minutes until pumpkin is soft. Stir every 3-5 minutes and add more water if needed.

Mix with a (hand-held) blender. Decorate with chopped (fresh or dried) chives.

Enjoy!

Not a special, easy peasy lunch today, but a good, healthy and delicious one.


A multigrain triangle sandwich with roast beef, sliced tomato, slice avocado and some strong grain mustard. At the side some leftover pumpkin puree.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. MMMMMM,...I have also made home made pumpkin pureƩ by roasting of the pumpkin in the oven & than take out all of the pulp & blend it in the foodprocessor. Than you can freeze it or use directly in a pumpkin pie,etc.

    This dish sounds delicious! yum! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I must try the pumpkin puree, it looks delicious!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen