Back from a 5-day trip to Centerparcs , but no time to relax.
My boyfriends house is STUFFED and LOADED with moving boxes (with my stuff in it). Yes, after 3 years, we're moving together! I know what to do with the boxes the following days. I will not be working, cooking or baking a lot in the kitchen the following days, but I want to share a recipe I tried just before our trip.
So simple!
Stuffed Roasted Pumpkin with Spinach and Smoked Trout
Ingredients:
- 1 mini-pumpkin
- 200-300 gr spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 125 gr smoked trout
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- some salad for garnish
Method:
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
Wash the pumpkin, cut in halves and scoop out the seeds and 'stringy guts'.
Set cleaned pumpkin halves on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast until tender enough to pierce easily with a fork through the shell, about 30-40 minutes.
Stir-fry spinach, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the trout at last.
Garnish a deep plate with some salad, add the roasted pumpkin halves and fill them with the spinach and trout mixture.
Now, eat it.
You can choose the ingredients for filling the pumpkin. It must be great with some bacon, chicken, turkey or minced meat too. Or another fish, like cod or salmon. Or maybe some cheese (goat cheese or feta)? And what about other veggies (endive, leek, ...)?
Just experiment!
Enjoy!



I've never had trout before, but i do like fish! I will have to give it a try the next time I see it!
BeantwoordenVerwijderenhi Tine, I think this is a great combination, the sweetness of the pumpkin combines very good with the saltiness of the trout.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI wish you all the best with unpacking and starting this new episode in life :)
Looks like a simply and delicious recipe! I love pumpkin too - thanks for sharing.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenMMMMMMMMMMM,...What a delightful recipe! I tested it & it was oozing delciousness!
BeantwoordenVerwijderen