2/01/2012

Wheat Berry and Chickpea Salad

Hi guys!

I'm in a 'salad mood' so you have to deal with a salad recipe right now.
I know, it's wintertime, it's freezing outside and your stomach is screaming for hot & steamy soups and stews. Well, I'll disappoint you right now, because my stomach asks for a salad. But no worries, it's a good one. A very good one!

Say all thanks to Angela for this lovely recipe!


Wheat Berry and Chickpea Salad
(Adapted from Oh She Glows - Back On Track Wheat Berry and Bean Salad)

Ingredients
(serves one)

- 20 grams dry wheat berries, cooked and drained
- 100 grams drained chickpeas (from tin)
- 100 grams cucumber, chopped
- 40 grams red pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- a handful of rucola, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced (I forgot it but this recipe needs it)
- kosher salt + pepper, to taste
- fresh or dried parsley
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon EVOO

Method

In a large bowl, mix together the diced vegetables (cucumber, red pepper, tomato, green onions). Add in drained chickpeas and wheat berries and stir. Now add the chopped rucola and parsley and stir. At last add the EVOO an vinegar and season with pepper and salt.

Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten