Ok, it's weird, eating carrots for breakfast. I can eat carrots (raw or cooked) everytime. I often crunch on a raw carrot as a morning or afternoon snack, steam or cook them for lunch or dinner. Why wouldn't I add them to my breakfast too?
It's also a great idea to voluminize your portion.
And you can never be overdosed by veggies!
Try it!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats (Inspired by Angela from Oh She Glows)
Ingredients
- 25-30 grams rolled oats
- 100 ml (non dairy) milk
- 100 grams quark/yogurt/soy yogurt
- 5 grams wheat bran
- 50 grams of shredded raw carrots
- 80-100 grams of shredded apple
- a large (!) pinch of ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- a tablespoon of raisins
- optional: a few drops of stevia, maple syrup or agave
- optional²: walnuts! (or other nuts and seeds you like)
Method
Put ingredients into a medium bowl, mix them al together, cover the bowl with cling wrap and put in the fridge overnight.
Have a good night, don't forget to stretch your legs before you get out of bed, take a refreshing shower (or not), run to your fridge and uncover the bowl.
Enjoy the magic inside!
Soak SOAk SOAK!
In the morning:





I like the idea of adding carrots to this lovely soaked muesli, I will try soon as the temperature is getting higher! Now I stick to warm cooked oats.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI also tried it in my warm cooked oats and it's delicous too!
Verwijderen