3/22/2011

Granola Seed and Buckwheat Bites

Oh, I missed baking so much.
All those disadvantages of being sick...

But I'm back, with new baking ideas (all inspired by you).

I was intrigued by the sweets I found on Melissa's blog: chocolate chip granola bites. I started following the recipe very precisely, but then I added a lot of extra's, having my own granola recipe in mind.


Granola Seed and Buckwheat Bites:

Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup (or more if you like) dried cranberries and raisins
- almonds (chopped in half)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla

Method
Mix all ingredients together, except the craisins. When ingredients are well combined add the craisins too. Use a mini muffin pan. Spray each cup with non-stick pray. Spoon granola mixture into each cup and press hard so every single part of the 'bite' touches each other. Bake at 300°F/150°C for 12-15 minutes until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 45 minutes. It is important to let the granola bites sit in the pan to cool.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I just baked granola bars today! These look delicious. I'm glad you are feeling better!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. What a neat idea for a variation on a muffin or granola bar.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. these would be perfect to make for snacks in my house! the shape is so cool too, kind of like Reese's cups, but a million times healthier and more satisfying!

    xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love them! <3 And I am going to bake them any time soon, indeed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It looks delicious. I think I'll bake them one day. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen