Ok, I have to admit: about an hour ago, it was the first time I ate lentils in my whole life (wich already takes 24 year).
It's a shame because I LOVE IT.
Why haven't I eaten this before? Why oh why?
Inspired by the Curried Lentil Soup from Angela (Oh She Glows) this noon, I started making my own, with a few adaptations.
Curried Lentil Soup (slightly adapted from Oh She Glows)
Serves one
Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (approx half onion)
- 1/2 large carrot, chopped
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1/4 cup green beens, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup uncooked green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 vegetable broth cube (bio)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
Directions
1. Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery, and carrot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir until vegetables are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid burning.
3. Add curry powder. Now, add the rinsed uncooked lentils and 1 cup water. Season with a sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper, add in lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Also add the half veg broth cube.
4. When lentils are tender, pour about half of the soup into a blender and blend the soup for a minute. This will create a very thick texture. After blending, stir the soup back into the skillet/pot and you will have a very thick soup with some chunky pieces left from the soup you did not process.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional curry powder, if desired.
This soup is divine! You really have to try it.
I only can repeat Angela's quote:
"This is damn good comfort food!
Also Roasted some Banana Chunks too: great (frozen) snack!
Lentils are delish!
BeantwoordenVerwijderen